Tables can be added to your template to assist in formatting your text or images in an aligned manner.
To add in a table to your template by:
- Create or edit the appropriate template accordingly
- To add in a table click on the little insert table button
- Select the number of rows and columns that you wish to include in your table
- Headers are items that highlight the top row and the left column as identifiers for your table. If you wish to have headers that are highlighted, you can nominate whether you have a row header, a column header or both in the header dropdown.
- If you wish to have a border, you can leave the size as 1, or to make it thicker, you can put in a 2 or a 3 etc. If you wish the table to have no border, so it just displays the text in a better aligned manner than put the border size as 0.
If you wish to be able to see the borders until you have added your data and then hide them, which makes it a lot easier to enter in your data you can leave the border as 1, insert all of the data and then click the “source” button to view the source code and click “ CTRL + F” and search for “border”. You will see border=”1”. Change the 1 to zero. Then click the source button again to go back to the normal display. The border will not have disappeared.
- You can set the aligned of the table to be centred, left or right aligned. This will align the table, not the text within the table. Text alignment still needs to be adjusted with the text alignment buttons on the toolbar.
- You can assign a width if you want a small table then the width of the page. Otherwise if you delete the number out of the width box, it will autosize to the page size.
- You can also assign a height if you wish, however the height is generally autosized with the amount of rows that you have.
- Cell spacing is the spacing between each cell within a row, and between a cell within a column.
- Cell padding is the spacing around the text within the cell.
Click ok, and you will have inserted your table. Insert your text and images into the table as you wish.
|You may also be interested in ...|
|Was this information helpful?