Email Campaigns are a cheap and effective way of marketing to your database of contacts.
You can access your marketing from within the event of the global account section.
You will first need to set up your marketing group before you can send a email campaign.
Selecting who will receive your Email Campaign
When sending out an email campaign, you need to have alreadyGrouping Contacts into Subscription Groupswith the nominated recipients (whether you ticked and added pre-existing contacts into the group or imported your contacts), or be prepared to send out to your whole database. Once this has been done, you are ready to create your campaign.
Creating A Marketing Campaign
- Navigate to Marketing (top menu item). The default option that should be select on your left menu after the page menu is “Email Campaigns”. If this is not selected click it now.
- Click on Add Email Campaign
- In the drop-down menu there are two options to select from. Select the relevant option and if necessary fill in fields and click next.
- You will now be given the opportunity to set the email parameters.
- On the Email subject there is a business card like symbol to the right of the field. This allows you to add in custom fields such as the salutation etc into the subject line to make the email more personal to the recipient.
- The email template allows you to select the design of the marketing campaign. iVvy has some pre-designed templates that you are welcome to use free of charge. If you wish to have one designed to your own branding, the associated fees will be listed on your iVvy contract.
- If the new Email Campaign you wish to create is very similar to a previous campaign Copy From Previous Campaign instead: This option limits what you can do with the email based on the previous campaign. The same template will be used and cannot be changed, however the subject information and text within the campaign can be edited to your wishes.
- If you selected a general template in step 3, then this is an extra step. Peruse the designs and select the desired template. Click next
- Click on Click here to edit the HTML version of your campaign.
- Edit your Email. You can do this by dragging ”styles“ from the left hand side of the editing window, into the right hand side, and then clicking on the style to edit. You can create links within your email (see the help article Creating Links in your Email Campaign for details), custom fields (see Adding Custom Fields to your Email) and images (see Adding Images to your Email ). If you are familiar with HTML, you can click on Source and edit your email this way.
- When you are done editing your email click Run Spam Check. The Spam Check will determine how likely your email is to end up in your recipient‘s spam filter instead of their inbox. It will give you a score between 1 and 5, 1 being highly unlikely to be flagged as Spam, and 5 being almost certainly flagged as Spam. (See the help article Keeping Your Emails out of the Spam Bin for tips on how to lower your score.)
- When you are done with the Spam check, select Go back to the previous page and click Save.
- Click on Click here to edit the Text version of your campaign.
- Click on the Clipboard icon with html in small letters on it to transfer the content from the html version into the text version. This saves you typing out the text twice.
- Tidy up the text to make the text version look better and be easier to understand. Things like links in your html version will appear ugly or confusing when converted into the text version, so it is important you accurately proof the Text version of your email.
- Select Go back to the previous page and click Save.
- Click Next.
- Select an Unsubscribe Campaign Footer.
- Select your Recipients. This can be everyone, no-one, or one of your subscription groups.Click Next.
- Send a Test Email to yourself. Select both HTML and Text and type in your email address. When this arrives in your inbox, read through it and make any changes you need by clicking on Edit Email on the progress bar above.
- If no changes are needed click Next.
- Select the Schedule and click Finish.
You have now finished your Email Campaign. You can view the report on your Email Campaign by going to the Marketing tab, clicking View next to the campaign, then clicking View Report.
Scheduling your email Campaign
Email campaigns have a few options when deciding when to send out your email campaign. You can “send now”, schedule for a later date, which the system will give you the opportunity to set a date and time it will automatically go out, or not now, and save it to send it manually at a later date.
The scheduling option is based on your accounts time zone that you have set in your account settings. If you have an incorrect time zone set for your account, then you may find that your scheduled marketing campaigns seem to go out a different times to what you set them at.
To check your account time zone navigate to: Settings (Global Settings Cog) > General > Account and scroll down and check your timezone setting.
|You may also be interested in ...|
|Was this information helpful?