By default the information that is stored on contacts is their;
- Email Address
- Username (Usually it will be the user's email address)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Mobile Phone Number (Used for SMS Marketing)
If you want to store further information on contacts, you can create custom fields. We recommend you set up all your required Custom Fields before importing your contacts.
To Create a new Custom Field;
- Navigate to Settings > Contacts > Custom Fields and click on the “Add Custom Field” button.
- Give the field a name that will be visible to the contact,
- Choose the the “Type” of field, There are a range that are supported including;
- Small Text: used for fields like ”Industry Type”,
- Large Text: used for storing notes or long descriptions,
- Single Select: produces a drop down menu. Good for ”Country“, ”State“, or ”Gender.“ When you choose Single Select, you add options to the drop down menu by typing them into the field, and clicking Add Another. Add as many as you need.
- Multiple-Select: when more than one value can be recorded against a contact, like ”Interests“ or ”Product Types.“ When you choose Multi-Select, you add options to the drop down menu by typing them into the field, and clicking Add Another. Add as many as you need.
Note: When adding in single select and multiple select fields, if you need to re-order them, you can drag them up and down via the drag selecter (the symbol of 8 small squares to the left of the text box).
- Dates: used for dates like ”Anniversaries“ or ”Birthdays.“
- File: used for file like images or spreadsheets. Tick the boxes of the file types you will allow.
- Select if you want the contact to be able to see the value stored against this field by selecting whether the field is ”Is Visible to Contact“. Contacts can edit their details by clicking on the “Edit my details” link at the bottom of every email.
- Select whether this is a required field,
- Select which Subscription Groups this custom field applies to, and click Save.
You can add as many Custom Field as you like by following the steps above.
You can change the order of the custom fields, by clicking and holding on the ‘handle’ on the left of the field name and dragging it to the spot where you want it. You will need to click on “Save Sort Order” for the changes to take effect.
|You may also be interested in ...|
|Was this information helpful?