iVvy allows the feature to have events appear on a customized URL instead of the automatically generated URL by iVvy.
For example: The automated event URL may be: http://wired.ivvy.com/event/eventexample/ but it may need to be displayed onhttp://www.domainname.com/
Please note: That the reference to http://www.domainname.com is an example for demonstration purposes. Replace this with your own website name below when following the instructions.
Firstly the domain name itself needs to give permission for the iVvy event to appear on it.
To do this:
- Log into your domain name manager where the name has been purchased.
- Edit the domain name, and opt to create a CNAME record. Please note: A domain name manager will need DNS hosting to create a CName record. Some accounts include it, and some don't so if you are unable to create a CName record then DNS hosting may need to be purchased.
- Add a cname record. If the URL that is being directed to is the main URL (www.domainname.com.au) then follow these instructions:
The host name will be www. and the record will need to be "ihs.ivvy.com"
- If the URL that is being directed to already has a website on it, then you do not want to overwrite it, so a directory needs to be made, then follow these instructions: The host name will be something that you decide for your url such as "events". e.g. This would appear for your event as "http://events.domainname.com.au" so it doesn't overwrite your website on"http://www.domainname.com.au".
- Once these records have been created, there are a lot of people out there to notify, so it may take up to 48 hours for the world wide web to recognize the change. Once the CName Record has been set up, then the settings need to be changed in iVvy to tell it where to appear.
- Log into your iVvy account and navigate to: Event Setup > Website > Website Tab
- Do you have your own Domain: Change to yes
- Insert in the domain name (minus the http://, this is not necessary to insert).
- Once this is done, please note it may take 48 - 72 hours for the changes to take effect across the internet. Some providers will show the change sooner than others.
|You may also be interested in ...|
|Was this information helpful?