Sessions are the events that happen over the course of the day, or if you would like to put it, the itinerary of events for the day. If you have multiple days, you can nominate which sessions go within each day.
It is not recommended that sessions be used to take extra attendance for “partners” or “guests”, however they have been used this way in the past in certain circumstances that make it necessary. Refer “Creating Tickets” For more information on the effects of adding guests or partners as sessions.
When a delegate is registering, they cannot purchase “conflicting” or time overlapping sessions that occur at the same time, as you cannot be in two places at once. So this needs to be considered when setting up sessions.
You can also configure how many sessions a delegate can select out of the available sessions when creating their ticket, or instead if you are are using streams, you can nominate whether a delegate can select from one stream or multiple streams, and how many sessions they can have out of that stream. Refer “Session Streams” for more information.
To create a session:
- Navigate to: Event Setup > Sessions > Sessions
- Click on “Add Session”
- Give the session a name that will appear on the program, and the delegates session itinerary
- Add in the start and end date for the individual session
- Give the session a description. Depending which session template you are using, this will appear to the delegate directly under the session, or in a drop down box.
- Room: If you have set up rooms, you can nominate which room the session will appear in. If you wish to set up rooms refer “Adding Rooms For Sessions”
- Is Optional:
- No: If set to no, iVvy automatically add it to the delegates itinerary if its included in their ticket purchase.
- Yes: If set to yes, the delegate has to tick whether they wish to attend this session, it’s optional to their registration.
- *The optional session can be free of charge or at a fee. If you are seeing a fee you will need to nominate whether the session includes tax or not.
- *You can set a capacity if attendance is limited so the session closes down once a certain number of people have selected to attend.
- *An automatic close date is also an option if you want to shut down registrations for that session on a particular date.
- You can insert an image that will appear on the program if you wish to make the program more presentable
- Setup time and break down time, is where you can nominate (for internal purposes only) how much time you need either side of this session to set up for it.
- Speakers: If you have previously set up your speakers you can tick a speaker who is speaking at this session and it will appear on the program, or you can “Add” a speaker using the “Add” button on the right hand side of the speaker box. For more information about creating speakers refer the Adding a Speaker article.
- Show in program: In some cases you may wish to hide a session from the program, for instance if its sold out, or if for any reason it needs to be hidden. If you want to hide if from the program change show in program to “No”
- Show Time: You can leave the session showing in the program, but hide the times for a simpler display of the program
- Only for certain tickets: If you have different sessions for different tickets, if you select only for certain tickets yes, you can tick which tickets this particular session is available for.
- Notes: Are for internal purposes about this session.
- Click save
|You may also be interested in ...|
|Was this information helpful?