Floorplans help your clients visualize the layout of the area they are looking to hire. Many venues have a list of pre-designed floorplans for common layouts such as Banquet, Lecture, Meeting and such. Sometimes a client requires a new, custom floorplan for their event but would like to see it before the event to make sure it works the way they would like. The new iVvy Floorplan Module allows you to create basic layouts, and also modify them for the specific booking as required.
To set up your first Floorplan:
- Go to Venue Setup > Function Spaces > Spaces
- Edit one of your spaces
- Click the floor plan tab and click Add Floor Plan > From Scratch (if this is your first, you won't have a template)
- Give your layout a name, and enter your room Length and Width in meters and click next
- You will be presented with a checkered screen with a blank dotted grid. This grid is your floorpace, and the first step is to add boundaries to your area so that you can lay out the walls and limitations of the space to give an accurate representation of the area you have to work with.
To add a boundary to your floorplan:
- 1. On the left hand side of the screen click any of the boundary shapes. The options are as follows:
i. Polygon: Use points to draw shapes that aren't rectangular, square, or circular. Use for shapes like Hexagons, triangles and such.
ii. Box: Click where you want the top left corner to be and move your mouse to make either a square or a rectangle. Click again to confirm this shape.
iii. Circle: Click where you want the center of the circle to be, and then move your mouse in or out to change the size of the circle. Commonly used to depict pillars in the room.
iv. Line: A simpler version of the polygon tool, creates a line between two points.
- Put your walls where they need to be. Please note: To Delete a wall, right click it and click delete.
These define your boundaries, and object can only be placed within the boundary unless the option in the bottom right is turned off. Now that we have our boundaries, we need to add some doors, some tables, and some chairs. While this looks like the drag and drop editor we have elsewhere, it won't work here.
To add an object such as a door, chair, or table to your floorplan:
1. Click the object you wish to have on your floorplan. This will put it on the floorspace in the center.
2. Make sure the hand is selected in the top left corner under the "Controls" heading so that you can interact with the object
3. Hover over the object that is now on your floorspace, click it and drag it into the position you would like it in.
4. If you would like to rotate or modify the object, right click it and you will be presented some options based on the object you have clicked.
See an example as to what a floorplan could look like when you have finished it.
When you have finished making the changes to this floorplan and are happy with the look of it, click the save button in the bottom left corner of the screen. You also have the option to export to either a PDF or an image, in case you require this for printing or providing outside of iVvy.
For information regarding adding a floorplan to your quote or booking, click here.
|You may also be interested in ...|
|Was this information helpful?