Global contact filters allow you to set extra search parameters on your contact tables, and also allow you marketing to attendees who will the contact filter requirements.
e.g. Send email campaigns to all contacts who ticked “yes” for a custom field “I would like to receive newsletters and special offers”.
Contact Filters can be based on conditions on standard fields, custom fields or pre-built in conditions such as has rsvp’d for an event, or hasn’t rsvp’d for an event.
To add a contact filter for your contacts section and email marketing:
- Navigate to Global Section > Contacts > Filters
- Click “Add Filter”
- Give the filter a name that will be easy for you to understand when selecting it later on
- And/Or: You can add multiple conditions to your contact filter. The And/Or field manages how the contact must meet the conditions to show up in the filter.
- If you select “And” then it means that a contact must meet all of the conditions
- If you select “Or” then it means that a contact only has to meet one of the conditions
Click on “Filter Conditions” tab
Click “Add Filter Condition”
Condition Name: As you will have multiple conditions give the condition a relevant name.
Field Type: Select the field type that you want to add your condition to, “Standard” “Custom FIeld” or “Other”
- Standard contacts, email, first, last and phone. So a standard filter could consist of all contacts that “contain” the words “iVvy”.
- Custom Fields: This will give you a list of your “Global” custom fields to select from.
- Other: There are some pre-built in types you can select.
- Subscription Groups
- Has Registered for an event
- Has RSVP for an event
- Has not RSVP for an event
- Has not registered for an event.
Field Name: Select the drop down, and this will give you a list of the available fields to create your filter on.
Operator: This is what will be compared to your specific value.
Value Type: The value type is what you are filtering by. So if you have an operator that has equals, and you select yes from the dropdown, then only people who have selected yes will show up.
The value type is determined by what you have selected in the field type. If you have selected a field that is a small text, you may be required to type in text, if its a single select, multiple select ect, then you will be given a drop down to select from.
Click save. Repeat the process adding the conditions to the filter until you have added what you need. You can add as many filters as you wish.
Using your filter on the contacts table
Navigate to Contacts > Contacts
On the top right hand search box, if you drop it down the first option will now be your filters. Select the relevant filter and click search. All attendees that meet the criteria will show up. You can now do what you wish with them, add them to a group, remove them from a group etc.
Using your filter on the marketing system.
Refer creating and sending a marketing campaign.
When you get to the recipient page, you can select filter instead of subscription groups, and send to all attendees