Associate Leaders Peer Review Workshop
The School Improvement Unit (SIU) will host a one-day training event for associate leaders wanting to know more about the National School Improvement Tool (NSIT). It is aimed at Deputy Principals, Head of Curriculums, Head of Departments, HOSES, STLANs, master teachers, coaches and lead teachers.
The importance of this training
Associate leaders are key drivers in maintaining the momentum of the school’s improvement agenda.
By attending this training you will have the opportunity to understand how an improvement priority is enacted; who needs support and what is required to build capacity to contribute to your school’s improvement agenda. The training will also support the development of aligned, cooperative, collaborative and consistent leadership teams through a shared understanding of the NSIT.
The training includes but is not limited to:-
• Overview of the operations of the SIU
• Review processes
• Data analysis to support the review
• Review of documentation
• NSIT – analysis of the domains and links to the review
• Action plans
We will also discuss and apply the following in the review context:-
• Review findings and improvement strategies – how these are constructed
• Triangulating data
• Alignment of curriculum – horizontally and vertically
• Artefacts for each domain
Other important information:-
• Please note that participants in the associate leader training are encouraged to bring along an idea of something to work on that is aligned to their schools explicit improvement agenda.
(07) 5352 9249
Select Your Tickets